Call for satellite projects 2:2024
Blue Food's eighth call for satellite projects for the partners of the centre is open. The projects should stimulate needs-based research and collaboration between academic partners (universities and institutes) and external partners (companies and authorities) within Blue Food's research areas.
Blue Food's research areas
- Primary production
- Process and product development
- Circular systems
- Consumer attitudes and sensory perception
- Sustainability analysis
- Animal and consumer health and welfare
- AI and digitalization
- Food safety
- Laws and regulations
- Risk analysis
Areas of application and content
Applications are welcome in the following three areas
- Research and collaborative projects applying for full or partial funding.
- Funding for time spent working on a major application, such as an EU application (seed money).
- Travel grants to attend a conference or spend a short time at another university or company.
For area 1, the application must include
- background describing the problem and the existing knowledge gap
- the project's objectives and link to the Blue Food's objectives and vision
- expected results
- budget, including possible co-financing
- overall timetable
For area 2, seed money, describe which call you are targeting and the main features of the planned research.
Area 3, travel grants, describe the purpose of the trip and the skills enhancement it can bring to the traveler and to Blue Food.
The application should be a maximum of 4,000 characters including spaces.
Requirements for applicants
For area 1, the team behind the applications should consist of at least one academic and one external Blue Food partner - but preferably more. The application is submitted by the academic party. Other organizations may participate in the projects but without receiving funding from the satellite call.
Importantly, results must be openly shared with the research community as well as other organizations; confidential contract research is not funded.
Parties awarded funding are expected to identify Blue Food as the funder in communications about the project.
For areas 2 and 3, applicants must be part of Blue Food.
The maximum amount to apply for areas 1 and 2 is SEK 150,000.
The maximum amount for travel grants is SEK 25,000. The number of travel grants is limited to one per calendar year and recipient.
The total amount of the call is SEK 400,000.
Preparation and decisions
Applications are reviewed by the Blue Food Executive Group in consultation with experts from the Management Team or external experts. Decisions are taken by the Blue Food Management Team.
Submit your application by 1 May 2024.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org